Andrew Nhem: Sr. Content Strategist
What: Designing sustainable, usable content strategist and experiences to accomplish business objectives and users who matter.
How: Eight years of experience in planning, developing, authoring, managing, and training content strategies, projects, migrations, programmatic automation, and campaigns to deliver growth-oriented results.
Where: Data Science/Analytics, Telecommunications, Client Services, SaaS, and Financial Services industries.
Senior Content Strategist, Cloudability, Portland, Oregon (2016-present)
- Planning, building, and managing content for the main website, blog, and demand generation programs to grow traffic (quarterly growth since 2016) and educate market.
- Supporting sales, marketing, product, and success with sustainable content strategy, modeling, and extensibility to build consistent customer experience and drive revenue growth.
- Building and sustaining thought leadership content to grow multi-channel brand authority (our educational content is revered by engineering leaders around the world).
Senior Content Strategist, Lytics Inc., Portland, Oregon (2015-2016)
- Led data-driven, user-first adaptive content practice at Lytics.
- Planned, built, and managed content across the Lytics customer experience: sales, marketing, product, support, and retention, including editorial and strategy.
- Built out internal content strategy practice to drive growth and go-to-market initiatives.
Content Specialist, Babcock Jenkins, Portland, Oregon (2014)
- Structured, authored, and developed interactive, social, and static demand generation content for brands like Google Cloud Platform, GE, IBM, Brocade, and LifeLock.
- Conducted content and gap analysis to provide actionable recommendations for clients.
- Recommended content strategies and creative approaches to help win new business as large as $1.5MM.
- Built out agency Content Strategy practice (inventorying, auditing, recommendation, development, governance).
Content Strategist, Stephouse Networks, Portland, Oregon (2011-2014)
- Structured and authored industrial wireless network designs, proposals, and technical support docs, assisting team in winning projects valued from $200k or more.
- Built, authored, and managed multi-channel content strategy, increasing user base by 30% and leads by 28% per quarter between 2011 to 2013.
- Modeled and developed internal web-based content library, technical documentation, and web-based tools to lower costs of sale and support while improving data and content best practices.
Independent Technical Communicator, Content Strategist, Portland, Oregon (2007-2014)
- Built, improved, consulted on content-driven projects and campaigns that led to businesses improving customer experience or driving revenue. Helped develop sustainable content strategies and taught clients to take steps toward better web-standard content practices.
Go to Portfolio
Education, Achievements, & Skills
University of Oregon, School of Journalism & Communications: 2007
- Robert D. Clark Honors College Class of 2007
- American Ad Federation Most Promising Minority Student 2007
Achievements: Frequent contributor to Content and Web Strategy publications, speaker at local Content Strategy PDX Meetup since 2015, data-driven content speaker at Camp Optimization PDX 2015, live-blogger at Intelligent Content Conference 2014, Portland Art Institute: Web Design Speaker 2013, and IgnitePDX 10 Speaker 2012. (learn more)
Content Skills: Content Strategy Development (stakeholder research, alignment, auditing, modeling, editorial design, content development, evaluation, future-state recommendations), migration planning, content automation and API planning, User Research & Analysis, Writing & Editing for the Web, User Persona Development & Maintenance, and Content Experience Mapping.
Me: Cycling, running, golfing, cooking, gaming, writing, reading, parenting, doing well by my friends & family.
Go to Portfolio